Monday, December 8, 2014

Cover Concepts | December 7 - 13

Happy Monday! Welcome to the feature Cover Concepts on my blog. Every Monday I am going to create a post with all of the young adult book covers that are releasing within the week. I will then tell you all what I think about the covers; If I love them, or if I think that they could be better. At the end of the post, I will give you all a chance to vote on your favorite cover of the week. As I pick a lot of my reads based on their covers, this seemed like the perfect feature for me to begin on the blog. Feel free to leave comments with your opinions of the covers as well, and we can discuss them! :]

This Week: Welcome back to another week of cover round ups. I am pretty excited about this week because there are several awesome books releasing (at least, I've heard that they are awesome!). I cannot believe how close we are to 2015, and I do plan to continue this feature into the new year. Would you guys be interested in seeing these posts with the new year? Let me know in the comments. 

1. For Real by Alison Cherry - December 9
Thoughts: This cover is fairly cute, though I don't quite understand why this summer book is being released in December. It doesn't seem to match the current mood most readers are in, but to each their own. I don't usually like cover models, but these are okay for a light contemporary book. I do think that the font and color of the title is great, though.

2. Little White Lies by Katie Dale - December 9
Thoughts: From what I could figure out, this book is either releasing in the US for the first time, or they are re-releasing it with a new look. I can't be quite sure. Honestly, I hope that it's not just a re-release because the other cover I found was much better. This is okay, I suppose, though the colors are a bit strange and dull. Nothing really stands out very much on this one.

3. Now That You're Here by Amy K. Nichols - December 9
Duplexity #1
Thoughts: This is one of the worst ones I have seen in awhile, if I'm being completely honest. It's way too busy and random, and I just don't get the idea of it. It tells the reader nothing about the story. I don't like how the people are in the letters, either. It looks weird having their arms hanging out like that...I just don't like it.

4. Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay - December 9
Thoughts: I really, really want to like this cover because I have already heard so many great things about this book, but I can't say that I like this cover very much. The girl looks really awkward in the pose, and the font is a little too literal for my taste. I think that they probably could have done a lot better on this, so it's disappointing.

5. No Place to Fall by Jaye Robin Brown - December 9
 Thoughts: I have been in love with this cover ever since I first saw it, and I think it's easy to see why that is. First of all, no cover model, so that is a wonderful start! I love the map and the heart marking a spot on it. I don't even mind the tagline, even though they have never been my favorite thing. I do enjoy the font and color of the title as well.

6. Top Ten Clues You're Clueless by Liz Czukas - December 9
Thoughts: I LOVE this cover. I love how they managed to put a model on the cover without it being the same old thing as usual (and I love that we can't see her face. Is that awful? Probably). I think that the background color is very pretty, and the black pops perfectly on it. I think that all of the colors look wonderful together, in fact. I really want this book for my shelf.

7. Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes - December 9
Falling Kingdoms #3
Thoughts: I have been hearing a lot about this series lately; everyone seems to own the books or has already read them. I guess I am behind. I am surprised that I didn't know another book in the series was coming out this month. This cover is pretty nice, just like the other two in the series so far. I'm not sure that I love the purple color, but everything else looks wonderful. I mean, look at the knife thing he's holding. Crazy!

8. Zodiac by Romina Russell - December 9
Zodiac #1
Thoughts: I think that this cover is pretty interesting; there is a lot going on, so it takes a few moments to take it all in. Sometimes this can be a bad thing because it means things are busy, but I think that it actually works here. I think that the colors are great, as are the constellations. It gives an idea of what the reader can expect with the book, which is always great.


Which cover is your favorite this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs