Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Top Ten Books On My Spring 2014 TBR List

It's Top Ten Tuesday time! I am linking up for the meme over at The Broke and the Bookish again this week. This has quickly become my favorite weekly meme as I love all of the different prompts that they come up with! This week is all about the books that I have on my Spring TBR list. I never really thought about it, but I suppose we do sometimes choose books based on seasons; you always take lighthearted books to the beach in the summer, right? Well, here are the top ten books I look forward to reading this spring (It was VERY difficult to narrow it down to ten!) Also, don't forget to enter in the giveaway on my post from Monday in order to win an awesome ebook! :]

1. The Break-Up Artist - Philip Siegel 
I was SUPER excited when my request for this book was accepted on NetGalley on Sunday. I have seen so many great things about this book and I love the synopsis so much that I crossed my fingers and hoped it would be approved. Yay! I feel like this seems like such an intriguing storyline, and differently like something that would happen these days with all the technology and use of Paypal. I cannot wait to read it!

2. The Impossible Knife of Memory - Laurie Halse Anderson
I have been a fan of Anderson since I read Speak, which has been one of my favorite books for years now. It was so beautifully written, and I could not believe that it took me so long to read another one of her books. I got my hands on Wintergirls when it came out (in hardcover, which I don't do much) and was reminded why I loved her so much. When I came across this one SIGNED at Half Price Books last week I could not turn it down. I really look forward to reading this one very soon. (Spring does begin on Thursday, after all!)

3. The Winner's Curse - Marie Rutkoski 
Yup, I'm jumping on the bandwagon. I have heard SO many great things about this book, and I really want to read it. I saw it at Barnes and Noble last week, but I was trying so hard not to buy new books in hardcover as they can be so expensive. I feel like I will have to give in on this one, though. Maybe our library will get it sooner rather than later, but I know that I will more than likely just break down and buy the book. I mean, look at that cover!

4. Golden - Jessi Kirby 
I saw this book on someone's Stacking the Shelf or Book Haul post last week, and I completely fell in love with the synopsis. I mean, your typical good girl finally getting into some trouble and trying to figure out the town secrets? I'm really interested in the fact of her finding an old journal that opens up these secrets, too. There is just something about this book that has me completely intrigued, and I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

5. The Selection - Kiera Cass 
This has been on my list for awhile, but I am REALLY going to start reading it this spring. I didn't want to read it too soon before the last book came out (since I'm usually hesitant to start series before all the books are out because the waiting kills me), but I have been wanting to read this one for awhile. Honestly, it's right up my alley. I'm always looking for a good romance, and throw in a love triangle and I am sold. Plus, those covers? Yes please!

6. Matched - Ally Condie 
Did someone say love triangle? Yup, it's definitely one that I want to read! Sure, some people get tired of the love triangle, but I don't think that I will ever be that gal. Not to mention, it is a dystopian novel, another thing I love. This book seems like something I will really enjoy. I like the idea of the government trying to control who they're supposed to be with, and then something going wrong. That sounds like good drama to me!

7. Bumped - Megan McCafferty 
I first found this book on Goodreads a couple of weeks ago, and I was definitely interested by the concept. I guess that happens with me for a lot of books, I get hooked by the synopsis. That is the point though I suppose, right? So, success! I looked for it at my public library, and they had the second book but not the first, strange. I am going to have to find a way to get my hands on this one though because I am definitely eager to read it.

8. Aberrant - Ruth Silver 
I purchased this whole series yesterday when the books were part of the Kindle daily deal for $1.99 a piece. I had my eye on them for awhile, so was thrilled by the price. The covers are gorgeous, so I will probably eventually buy physical copies as well. Another YA Dystopian series? Yes please! It certainly helps that Ruth Silver is awesome and so sweet, it makes me eager to read this series along with any other book she ever writes!

9. For Darkness Shows the Stars - Diana Peterfreund 
Honestly, I don't know a whole lot of this book aside from the synopsis and everything on Goodreads, but I am okay with that, too. My librarian at school brought it to me the week before spring break. We had just gotten new books at school, and it was one of the new Lone Star Books, so she thought I would be interested. The cover was enough to intrigue me, and I do look forward to reading it and seeing what it is all about.

10. Delirium - Lauren Oliver 
I picked up this one at the library last week when I went during spring break. They had the whole series and I was tempted to just grab them all while they were available, but I was not sure I would have time to get to them all, and didn't want to keep them from other readers until I was ready for them. I have heard really good things about this series though, so I am looking forward to trying out the first book in the series and seeing what I think.

There we have it. I am sure I will read a lot more than this during the spring, but I hope to be able to get to these. What books are on your spring TBR list?



10 comments:

  1. Yay! You'll be reading The Selection!! Hope you'll have fun with it :D I know, right? I'm normally not huge on dress covers, but the covers of this series are to die for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I have been meaning to read it for awhile now, and I really am excited about it. I know, it isn't the kind of cover I would typically like either, but I think that they are gorgeous. :]

      Delete
  2. I've been looking at The Selection for awhile now, trying to decide if it's for me or not. I'll probably get around to it eventually. I just keep seeing way too much about it to forget it. Good reading.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been meaning to read it for awhile now and it has still yet to happen, so I really do want to start reading it soon! Thanks for stopping by :]

      Delete
  3. I recently got The winner's curse, so I can't wait to give that one a shot :D It sounds so good and I've been hearing some awesome things about it. I also need to catch up with For darkness shows the stars.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard so many great things about it, too. Though, sometimes that worries me because I feel like I have to love the book because everyone else does. Ah, we will see how it goes!

      Delete
  4. I hope you get to Delirium - I really liked it! And hopefully you'll enjoy all the other books on your list too :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping to get to it, too! I have heard great things about the series, so I really do want to read it. Thank you for stopping by :]

      Delete
  5. Great picks! I am looking forward to reading a few of these myself, especially The Winner's Curse - have seen so many 5* reviews for that one. I hope you find the time to get to them all :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! There have been so many great reviews of it that I feel like I just have to read it. I hope that you get time to get around to it, too! :]

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs